Opportunity Builders Association of Parents (OBAP) is a group of family members and friends of individuals served by OBI that work together with the OBI staff and board of directors to enhance the vocational training services and promoting OBI’s future through its fundraising efforts.
OBAP holds meetings quarterly to plan events that benefit the individuals served at OBI both socially and financially. In recent years, OBAP has funded an outside, dual, covered grilling station in our picnic area. In addition, OBAP has made a five-year pledge to our New Foundations for OBI Capital Campaign. See OBI's calendar for OBAP meeting dates.
OBAP Sponsored Events
- Annual Picnic/May Fair - OBAP hosts the Annual Employee Picnic in late spring at OBI for the individuals served by OBI, their family and friends as well as for OBI staff members and their families. It is a great opportunity to get out and meet everyone associated with OBI. This year it will be held Saturday, May 18, 2013.
- OBI Staff Appreciation Breakfast/Lunch - OBAP has made it a priority to show its appreciation for OBI’s staff who are so integral to OBI’s success and helping the individuals we serve to lead productive, full lives. The breakfast/lunch is typically in late July/early August when OBI has an all staff in-service training day.
How You Can Help
You can help support OBAP in three ways:
- Become a member. Annual dues are $5 per family.
- Volunteer and assist with OBAP sponsored events.
- Serve on OBAP’s board of directors.
Becoming an OBAP Member
Please complete the form below and return it to:
8855 Veterans Highway
Millersville, MD 21108